Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Big decision

Last night, Sam and I were on our way out the door to a LLL meeting when something sort of amazing happened. He wanted to bring his toy car with him and previously when he's wanted to do this, I've warned him that other kids might want to play with it, too. So, he brought me the car and said, "Other kids play with?" I was very surprised, and said, yes, other kids might want to play with it. Did he still want to bring it? He looked at it and thought for a couple of seconds, then looked at me and said decisively, "Put it in bag." I opened my bag, in it went, and we left. I was really amazed that he not only remembered that other kids might want to play with it, but he came up with his own solution about how to bring it and avoid that frustration. Very proud!

No comments: