Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wow!

I didn't think I'd be typing this for a long time, but....Sam peed in his potty last night! Before anyone goes calling Harvard,I think it was morea matter ofbeing in the right place at the right time. He was in the bath and toldme he had to go (or was about to go). Wanting to avoid another Showergate (we don'ttalk about that at Grammy and Papa's house),I whisked himout with an "Ok, let'ssit on your potty then!" and plopped himon it. He then achieved a look of intense concentration, got up and down a few times to look, and then peed! We looked at it, then poured it in the toilet and Sam flushed. I tried not to freak out while he was doing it,but afterward, there was plenty of celebration. I don't expect regular repeat performances, but now he knows what thge potty is for, which is great!

1 comment:

Anne Licurse said...

Kate,more power to you! Matthew still thinks the potty is to store toys in....oh well