Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Whirlwind Easter

Wow, it's been way too long since I've posted. Holy Week happened to us last week, and we're still recovering. We all went to bed at 9 on Sunday. Sam and I woke up at 8 and while I can't speak for Sam, I still feel like I got run over by a truck. Or by the Easter Bunny.

Sam was incredibly fascinated by Easter. We went to an egg hunt on Saturday and explained that the Easter Bunny would be leaving eggs that he would collect and put in a basket. He did such a good job that Mark had to steal some eggs out of his basket when he wasn't looking and put them back for other kids to find. Interesting that the community center chose to put things of such appropriateness as small erasers in the eggs for the 1-3 year-olds. I can understand not puttingcandy in every single one, but small chokeable erasers that look like they should be eaten? Really?

On Sunday morning Sam woke up and we asked him who visited last night. Eyes lit up: "Easter Bunny? Eggs?" We wandered downstairs after Daddy checked to make sure that E.B. wasn't still there,and it took Sam a minute to realize that the basket and the presents were for him. Then, he wanted to play with his new Percy train and not open anything else. With some gentle prodding and lots of unwrapping done by Mommy, we eventually got through everything and then hastily made breakfast before I had to return once again to church. When I got home, naps were taken, movies were watched, and dinner was cooked by someone at The Spaghetti Factory. Then, as I stated before, bedtime was at 9.

What a week.

No comments: