Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sam vs. the pronoun

Sam has started to speak in small phrases, but the idea of the proper designation of pronouns is still a mystery to him. He reaches for me and asks, "Carry you?" or points to my food at dinner and says, "Eat mine?" THis makes perfect sense if you think about the questions I ask him - "Oh, would you like me to carry you?" "Do you want my food?" It'll be interesting to see when it clicks that the pronouns I use are different for him.

We actually get to go out tonight! A (very nice) co-worker of Mark's offered to babysit for us for FREE. She came over for dinner with her boyfriend, and Sam and she got along smashingly - he even wanted to kiss and hug her. It probably helped that she brought him a Superman car. We're going to let Sam just stay up unless he falls asleep, since I know he'll just motor around anyway until he absolutely has to go to bed, and I don't want her to deal with needing to get him to sleep. We're going to rent "Cars" for them to watch together, and if he falls asleep, great. If not, we'll have a very wired and tired toddler on our hands when we get home around 10. Yeah, I know, party on.

1 comment:

laural.mk said...

only an English major mommy......